Monday, January 23, 2006

monday back in washington state

can you believe it? i didn't get a chance to blog this weekend. so here i go. this week i flew in on monday morning rather than flying in on sundays. it was great since i got to stay over at danny's and jen's place another night. this weekend was great. i know it wasn't too long ago when i last hung out with them, but it felt good to see them this weekend. what made this trip great was that ray was also there!

friday when ray and i arrived jen made us this HUGE feast. i was totally stuffed and didn't even get to finish. =( damn my small stomach. i'm still trying to expand it, but it takes forever. seems like everytime i take a few steps forward in progress, i take serveral more backwards when something comes up. why can't i be like normal people and eat my troubles away. oh well. whatevers. anyhow this whole weekend i was eating since i was with great friends. which reminds me of some site i was browsing today to look for poems. here's what i found on friends:


Friendship is one of the most valuable assets that we create in our lifetime. That is why people hold friends in such high regard. This is a top 10 list of friendship quotes.
1) Latin Proverb
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
2) Robert Louis Stevenson
A friend is a gift you give yourself.
3) Sicilian Proverb
Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty.
4) John Lennon
I get by with a little help from my friends.
5) Kahlil Gibran
Friendship is always a sweet responsibilty, never an oppourtunity.
6) Edgar Watson Howe
When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.
7) Charles Caleb Colton
True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost.
8) E. M. Forster
If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.
9) Winnie the Pooh
You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.
10) Epicurus
It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us.


my favorite quote is from winnie the pooh, which i even think i remember the episode he said it in. its my favorite because it reminds me of when i use to use distance as an excuse for not visiting friends that live outside of orange county, but these days distance does not matter. i will drive, fly, etc... to visit my friends where ever they are.

i'm getting kinda tired so i won't sum of what happened this weekend. instead i have pictures and danny's blog, which he always does a great job summerizing everything. :-D oh yeah, if you want to hear a funny prank on ray, checkout danny's blog. ray was punked pretty good. ;)


here are the links to this weekend's album and today's pictures while driving south bound on the i5 while the sun is out!

No comments: