Sunday, May 14, 2006

unsettling feeling

feels strange to be back home. i still feel like i have to catch a flight and that my weekends are too short. i guess i will have to get use to the fact that its all over. no more travel. no more dealing with ibm, or at least our division since i can't blame the company as a whole for making me want to leave. in the long run i'll be better for doing so considering all my options.

is it possible to breathe a sigh of relief and at the same time feel uneasy for being in one place? i think it'll be good for me to set some goals and achieve them in the next 5 years so that i have as little downtime as possible, yet also not waste that time with mundane tasks. time to expand my horizons and move away from my typical self in front of the computer screen 24x7. of course it pays my bills, so i can't be rid of it entirely sad to say.

my todo list:
  • remember to ask for recommendation letters from west coast practice exec during my exit interview
  • gre
  • masters
  • read tao of physics next
  • continue sketching
  • improve on golf for when kano gets back
  • pick up archery with eric
  • take sailing and vietnamese classes at school with du
  • research habitat for humanity with eddie
  • donate everything in my room except bed of course (tailor room to promote creative thinking)
  • improve reading technique/skills (currently: 246 wpm @ 73% comprehension)
  • add this list on a permanent site for tracking progress

1 comment:

bluenerv said...

hehe. thanks for the info. =) i'm still settling in and some of those tasks are working in parallel as we speak. any info to help speed up the process of me completing those tasks is DEFINITELY appreciated!

so far i've got sailing info and archery. next is to execute. ;) my room is already in motion and i've got 3 trash bags of clothes going to goodwill. what's funny is that at one point i didn't have enough tees, now i think i over did the tees. 2 out of 3 bags are full of pants. i didn't realize i had that many laying around. even getting rid of 2 bags full... i still have enough pants to wear for several weeks. talk about over kill.